April 24, 2009

Revit 2010 - Create New Local

With the new version out (over a month now). I had to revamp my training handout.  I've already trained 6 new users!   I will now be having Friday sessions, which I'm calling Revit Review, to get our existing users up to speed, we'll see how that goes.

The ribbon has been good I think.  It is a little frustrating to jump aroudn between tools, but I like the icons and the tooltips, I tell all users to pay attention and use them as reminders of how to use tools they don't use often, hopefully I'm right and it's a good idea.

In looking at our settings and way of work, not much has changed, but there are a few new little features thrown in that help those of us that "cad/bim manage" get to look into.   Like the new option  "Create New Local."   Read this post in The Revit Clinic blog.   It is a good idea, but most users don't use the Open dialog to open any files, most prefer to find the file in windows explorer then they double click, something I don't approve or prefer but it happens.

As I find more "little features" I'll pass them on.  Oh yea, one I learned this week - Move the Options Bar  below the drawing window.  Just a right click over the area, doesn't make sense to do it but you can!

No comments: